Microsoft SQL Server 2008
2008 R2 end-of-life
Modernize Your SQL Server
As of July 9, 2019, Microsoft no longer supports SQL Server 2008. Avoid unnecessary security or compliance risks and ensure continued capability by migrating to Azure, upgrading to SQL Server 2017 or a combination of both.
Our experience. Your advantage. How can we help?
SQL Server Migration Services
Review the costs and assess your database environment for the considerations of moving from on-premise to Azure. Provide a detailed report of the cautions, the options, and the benefits. Virtual-DBA can even assist with the migration to SQL Server 2017 or to Azure with SQL Server 2008 supported.
SQL Server End-of-Life Services
The term End-of-Life (EOL), also known as End of Support (EOS), can bring feelings of instability where your database is concerned. We are here to assist with planning, whether for migration to a newer version, the configuration of 2008 on Azure. But we can also step in where needed.
Assess your SQL Server database
XTIVIA can assist you with a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 migration from end to end.
SQL Server 2017 Features
Availability, Performance, Scalability
- Scale up to 12 TB of memory and 640 logical processors
- Up to 30x faster transactions and 100x faster queries
- Run real-time Operational Analytics over transactional data
- Always On availability to balance loads across readable secondaries
- Protect data at rest and in motion with TDE and new Always Encrypted
- Mask sensitive data with minimal impact using Dynamic Data Masking
- Grant access based on user characteristics with Row Level Security
- Dynamically stretch warm and cold data to Azure with Stretch Database
- Tackle mission-critical workloads with larger Azure virtual machine sizes
- Rely on our cloud-first features, tested by millions of Azure databases
- Use development and management tools and common T-SQL
- Transform complex data with statistical modeling language
- Process analytics in-place, reducing latencies and operational costs
- Write and deploy models anywhere in-database or to the cloud
- Access thousands of R Scripts and Models in CRAN
We are here to assist with planning, whether for migration to a newer version or the configuration of 2008 on Azure. But we can also step in where needed.